Jon Toogood is the founding member of two bands, Shihad and The Adults, a solo artist, multi instrumentalist, radio presenter, mentor, theatre performer and voiceover artist.
Shihad formed 25 years ago in Wellington New Zealand. The band has since:
- Sold more than 250,000 albums with two albums certified double platinum and five albums certified gold in New Zealand and Australia
- At the 40th Anniversary of the official New Zealand Music Charts Jon was presented with awards for the most singles in the charts by a NZ artist with 25 singles & most number 1 albums by NZ artists with 5 number 1 albums.
- Written more NZ radio hits than any other artist in NZ music history
- Inducted into the RIANZ NZ Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame in 2010 with a Lifetime Achievement Award – the youngest inductees so far.
- Since 1992 the band has toured extensively worldwide with bands such as AC/DC, Metallica, Guns’n’Roses, Faith No More, Silverchair, Midnight Oil, 30 Seconds To Mars.
- Won numerous NZ Music Awards for best album, best band, best male vocalist, best single and best rock artist.
“Jon Toogood is still New Zealand’s best frontman.’’ – Lumiere magazine, 2014
“When you talk about modern legends of New Zealand Music, Shihad will always be one of the first names – likely the very first name – that will be mentioned” – Campbell Smith, Vodafone New Zealand Awards spokesperson, 2010
- Shihad FVEY album released in 2014 to rave reviews in both Australia and New Zealand and makes Rolling Stone Magazine’s best albums of 2014 list – http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/reviews/music/40651/Shihad–FVEY
- FVEY named one of the albums of the year by The Australian newspaper http://www.theaustralian.com.au/summerliving/shihad-war-on-drugs-halfway-and-velociraptor-among-the-indie-albums-of-2014/story-fnqqy7yi-1227151499475
- FVEY makes Rolling Stone Magazine’s top albums of 2014 list – http://rollingstoneaus.com/music/post/2014-in-review-albums-of-the-year/1036-33-shihad-fvey
- FVEY debuts number 1 in New Zealand and top 10 in Australia. Album to be released in Europe in May 2015.
- Recently nominated for Best Album and Best Live Act in the sixth annual Rolling Stone Awards.